Sunday, December 8, 2013

Winter Forecast

                                                                 24 November 2013

It has come to this...I am barely able to dress myself anymore. The pain along my shoulders and upper body is relentless. The doctor gave me muscle relaxants because it felt as if my muscles around my shoulder blades wouldn't release. But, I looked in the mirror and felt with my hand that there is nothing there but bone. I suppose there are tendons and muscles holding the bones together. I don't know. All I know is that I cannot sit for long because my body pulls me forward in a fold at the bottom of my rib cage. I try to straighten-up to no avail. I can stand or lie down.

I am trying to eat a lot. I haven't weighed myself lately because I don't want to know anymore. My painkillers have no effect on the pain. The pain is just a nuisance, though. As long as I remain still the pain is not too bad. It is only when I move.

I don't have trouble breathing and I don't have a cough. I don't have trouble swallowing. My appetite is fine but I get full real easily. I try to eat every 2 hours and drink a protein drink (Boost or a generic). The only problem is the pain and, when I walk a short distance, my heart complains by bouncing around in my chest. But, my heart is strong and I will continue to take short walks.

I see my Onc again in a couple of weeks and then we will make some decisions. I doubt that I am strong enough for more Chemo. Maybe the current medicine I am taking will begin to work or maybe the Cancer is just too aggressive.  Anyway, I won't give up and I trust in the Lord and his plan.

I have one more clown gig that I am looking forward to doing. It will involve very little effort if I prepare for it well !

Re-reading this post, it seems depressing...it is not. I am just relating how I am doing. It seems that I am confined to the indoors more and more what with my strength and the cold of Winter. I will make it through the Winter, I know. I will call upon my inner strength and the Favor of the Lord. I will pray in earnest for the well-being of others. I will Praise the Lord and ask Him to bless my family and friends. I will ask for the strength to endure and Trust in His Love. 

Life is good....Life is an Adventure !!!

1 comment:





  1. Guestbook

    Share your thoughts and memories in the guestbook.
    Sign the guestbook
    Read the guestbook


    Send Flowers | Send Card
    Anthony Eugene Brewer

    February 1, 1959 - November 5, 2013


    Biography


    Bookmark and Share



    Featured Picture


    Send Flowers or Gifts
    Send a Sympathy Card



    Anthony "Tony" Brewer, AKA Frogholler, age 54, of Xenia, Ohio, went home to be with the Lord on Tuesday, November 5, 2013 at his residence. He was born February 1, 1959 in Jamestown, OH.
    He was preceded in death by loved ones: mother, Laura Wanda Wisecup; father: William Joseph Wisecup; sister: Ruby Grooms; brother: Kenny Wisecup; sister: Kay Sodders; and granddaughter: Virginia Brewer.
    He is survived by his loving wife of 25 years, Marjorie Brewer, whom he married October 13, 1988; son: Little Tony Brewer; Neil (Tia Keaton) Brewer; daughter: Gerema (Jerry Whetstone) Brewer; son: Christopher (Nikka) Harvel; daughter: Christy (Aaron) Young; son: Joshua Darner; and son: Jeremiah Brewer. He was blessed with 13 grandchildren. He is also survived by his sister: Linda Wisecup (Dave Todd); brother: Jim (Teresa) Wisecup; mother-in-law and father-in-law: Virginia and Ron Frazier; father-in-law and mother-in-law: Ray and Ruth Profitt; and brother-in-law: Kevin (Angie) Profitt. He was an uncle to numerous nieces and nephews and loved by many family and friends.
    He grew up in Frogholler. Music was his passion, he was a great song writer and story-teller. He was also an avid fisherman and a great family man.
    Service will be held 4 PM Thursday, November 7, 2013 at McColaugh Funeral Home, Inc., 826 N. Detroit St., Xenia, with Pastor Josh Bevan officiating. A gathering of friends and family will be held Thursday from 2:30 PM until the time of service at the funeral home.


    Facts

    ReplyDelete