Friday, March 9, 2012

Pushing Through

I have another wig...found it in the laundry room...don't like the color, though...my friends Suzi and John suggest that I soak it in beet juice for a pretty pink...or lavendar. I need to style it also...or add some accessories.
This past week has been all right. The first chemo gave me side effects for 3 days...mainly flu-like and different pains. This time it was mainly fatigue and has lasted 5 days so far. I visit some friends,Gary and Susan nearly every day and my knee joints have been aching. I haven't walked much because of the cold weather, but Thursday I walked back home from their house (about 1/2 mile). I thought I wouldn't make it because of the fatigue. The knees stopped hurting after the first two blocks and continued to be fine all evening. Walking is a good exercise as it seems to lessen most all of the pains. They bounce back, but the exercise certainly helps. Today I noticed the fatigue abating. I usually keep a list of things to do-- mainly menial, but important, stuff like: phone calls, housework, organizing bills and the messes I have in my rooms--what with all of the clown stuff and books and what-have-you. All week I was only able to do 2 or 3 things while today I felt more energy and made a lot of phone calls and housework, etc.  
I have a place on my left wrist that has been bothering me for several days. I think it is where they had an IV in me. There is no bruising or redness at all and the pain feels like when you bump your wrist bone hard on something. It's a nuisance. My bald head feels cold and sweats a lot. I tried running an electric shaver over it but gave up because I found it too funny for some reason. It seems like I haven't had to shave my face although I have tried. I don't know if I am cutting the whiskers with the razor or just knocking them off !
I am going to get out my bag of lost hair this weekend and fashion a dozen or so moustaches. What fun! Wigs, stick-on mustaches, red noses...I may be turning into Mr. Potato Head !!
It's been pretty windy...too windy...well, it is March !  But, I received a remote-controlled pigeon with flapping wings and great bird chirpings that I haven't been able to play with ! Patience, Pigeon !
I didn't have much of an appetite all week but I have been eating well. At least I don't get nausea.
I have an inflatable saxophone that I need to assemble this week also. I have plenty of sheet music around the house. The saxophone is lime green and I hope to practice with it and be able to perform a 3-4 minute song...jazz/swing/bebop...with a phantom 6-piece combo...I will,of course, post a video.
Life is Good...Life is an Adventure !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment