Friday, March 2, 2012

2nd Chemo

My good Clown friend Marty took me to my 2nd Chemo on Friday, March 2nd, 2012...we got to the Hospital at about 8am and they told me  that I wasn't in the computer. They asked us to wait in the lobby...we entertained them first then proceeded to the lobby.  In the Lobby
After about 10 minutes, they came and got us and said that they had found my appointment. They led me to a room and began the therapy. Their were two beds in the room and another patient came in for their therapy.  Marty had a loved one who underwent a lot of Chemo, so he was very helpful and talking about it and then clowning around.
The nurses started pumping the side effect medicines into me and one of them is benadryl, so I promptly went to sleep. I was half-awake though and it was decided that Marty would go home and come back in a few hours. The nurses thought that it would take about 4 hours, so that meant I should be done by 1 or 1:30. I awoke at 2pm and asked the nurses how much longer it would be. They said the one med was almost through and the second would take about 1 to 1and a half hours...making it 3:30pm when I would be done. That is the same amount of time the 1st chemo took and, yet, everyone had told me that it would take a lot less time...go figure. So, I called Marty and left a voice mail asking if he could come by around 4pm; and, if not, I could call someone else.  As I hung up, Marty came walking in.
We had a good time clowning around and I took some Hersey Kisses for the nurses. I took my dog and everyone got a kick out of him, JoJo.
Just happened to remember....I have received a lot of cards...the other day I got one from the TechFest Team !!  I always like to participate in the Tech Fest at Sinclair College in Dayton. I volunteer with the Mars Society and I tie a lot of balloons---Alien Swords, Alien on a Stick...Couldn't make it this year because of my condition...I was really disappointed. So, when I received the nice Get Well Card with some "hopes and prayers", I was touched...to the point of tears...it is little things like this (Big, actually) that really make a person's day !!!  Thankyou, TechFest !!!
I came home and took some anti-nausea medicine and then I went to lie down. My joints were aching but, other than that, I felt fine. It is now 2:20 am and I had a nice Turkey dinner at 11pm and some Moose Tracks ice cream. I feel fine and am ready to go back to bed and listen to Bob and Ray...radio podcasts.
Last time I had chemo, I started to get a lot of random pains 3-4 days later and they lasted 3 days. I'll see what happens this time. The Doctor was pleased with how the treatment was doing so that is a good thing.
My wife finished a class yesterday and got a certificate, so I am proud of her and we will spend some quality time tomorrow and all week.
Life is Good...Life is an Adventure !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment