Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Normal May Not Be Normal

So, I started feeling more normal a couple of weeks ago. Trying to shake off the fatigue and dealing with the peripheral neuropathy. I am trying to take short walks. It is like learning to walk again. It will be awhile before the neuropathy goes away--so I am told. My weight is down to 142 lbs. Before I was diagnosed (December 2011) I was at 180 lbs. All during Chemo, I maintained a weight of 160. As soon as I started Radiation, the nutritionist said that I had to get more than 3000 calories per day. I had been eating for energy and avoiding fats and artificial stuff. Now I had to eat everything! I was able to maintain 150 during Radiation.
Okay. On August 16th I put on a performance at a local nursing home and, after I left, I had a slight mishap while attempting to carry all of my stuff (props, balloons, camera, action)...suffered a badly twisted ankle and learned that I had chronic Stupidity!
My ankle is starting to feel stronger but still hurts....and, along comes a really, really bad sore throat !
I am emerging from a life or death battle with Cancer and winning....and, starting to feel normal...and, now am experiencing Normal Maladies !!  What a Clown !!!

Life is Good ... Life is an Adventure !!

No comments:

Post a Comment